fot

Re: [Fot] Miller surface

To: KLynch7589@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Miller surface
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:07:09 -0700
Kevin,
I took a lap of the East Circuit @ Miller, while Nostalgia Racing was
there last July. That was a lap at 4.5 MPH, on an open vehicle, with NO
suspension.. Golf Carts flew by me, bicycles lapped me. Had a good look
at the surface. Spotted one seam failure that looked to have been
stabilized with an Epoxy product. The rest of that track segment was
quite smooth, on and off line. During the weekend, there were NEVER
reports from Flagging & Communications of any track break up. We NEVER
had to hold the grid to get sweeping done. The track blower mostly kicked
up dust.
Later in the weekend I got a ride at speed and found it to be as smooth
as you could expect for a track prepared vehicle.

The East Circuit is part of 3 of the 4  configurations, so the second
half of it gets lots of traffic and there had already been pro races
before NR ran. The SCCA World Challenge guys did not note surface issues
when they ran the full circuit.

It is possible that degradation occurred over the past year, but the
Vintage Cars did it little harm after its initial use. We need to hear
from a local, with a report of Spring 2007 conditions.

Bill
NR Race Control