fot

Re: [Fot] dual circuit brakes on a tr4

To: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>, "Joe Curry"
Subject: Re: [Fot] dual circuit brakes on a tr4
From: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 15:18:38 +1100
Is it correct to assume that a single cylinder, dual piston master as
commonly found in modern braking systems would similarly require increased
pedal pressure? In any case, I'm not sure I understand the restrction on
fitting such a master, sourced inexpensively from a Toyota for instance,
when the rules seem to allow expensive custom systems from aftermarket
manufacturers that were never available to racers "back in the day". Am I
being naive? What also of employing brake boosters? They were available as
early as 1969 or thereabouts if I'm not mistaken, and though obviously not
used on the earlier cars have been fitted to them for street applications
with good results for some time.
Steve P