fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 race car front toe number?

To: <DennisR380@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 race car front toe number?
From: "David Talbott" <dtalbott@archrepro.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:19:54 -0800
Probably largely a factor of what kind of differential you are running.  With
a welded diff (which wants to keep driving you straight) sometimes a bit more
toe out will help reduce the push on corner turn-in, but with limited slips or
open diff's the number should be able to be smaller.  I've always assumed that
the less scrub the better - all other things being equal.

Obviously, your driving style has a large bearing on this question as well,
although the nice thing about front toe is that you can easily play with it at
the track and test it for both comfort and lap times, which are not always in
agreement.

David Talbott, President
Architectural Reproductions, Inc.
Portland, Oregon