fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 race car front toe number?

To: DennisR380@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 race car front toe number?
From: Jim Prettyleaf <jprettyleaf@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:36:05 -0800 (PST)
  My TR-6 is an occasionally street driven autocross car.

  For autocross I am running 8.5" wide rims with 225/45ZR15 Hoosier A6 tires.

  The street setup is 7.0" wide rims with Yokohama 205/50R15 tires.

  Front caster is 5.8 degrees

  Front camber is -3.00

  Toe out is 1/16"

  This car has no noticeable bump steer on the street tires or the bigger
autocross tires, and does not dart under heavy braking.

  The bigger autocross tires do have a slight tendency to follow seams in the
road, but otherwise this TR-6 is very stable and has crisp turn in as long as
the loose nut at the wheel does not blow off the corner by charging too hard
and braking too late.

  Jim P

Joe Boruch <jaboruch@netzero.net> wrote:
  I run 1/16th toe out on my TR3 (which is almost as wide as a TR4). If I run
more than that it can be darty under hard braking. I did run about an inch of
toe out once (long story) and I went very fast that race. It did, however,
cord the inside edge of the tires, so I did not run that setting anymore.
Joe(B)

-- DennisR380@aol.com wrote:
I had to pull my steering rack for a rebuild so I need to string the car to
set the toe when I reassemble. Anybody have a suggestion as to how much total
front toe-out to put on a TR4 race car? I have the factory manual but there
are
no toe numbers given for stock, or otherwise. I'm thinking 1/8" total
toe-out...or?

Dennis