fot

[Fot] Watkins Glen FOT Clothing

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Watkins Glen FOT Clothing
From: "Scott Janzen" <S.Janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 22:54:30 -0400
I'm writing to solicit opinions on clothing FOT proposes to offer in
conjunction with the 2008 Watkins Glen Kastner Cup.  The clothing will be
embroidered with FOT logos, and there will be FOT printed tee shirts with
original Triumph-inspired artwork .  What I'd like you to do is take a look at
the website (link below) and shoot me an email indicating what items you would
be interested in buying.  If you think I have missed the mark entirely let me
know that too.  We will be offering everything at cost of production.  Costs
are on the website.

Here are the parameters:
  1.. We are offering a) several clothing choices with the embroidered logo,
and b) high quality tee shirts (short and long sleeve if some of you want
both) with a five color ink silk screen design by Greg Petrolati, featuring an
"all Triumph race " illustration on the back and the FOT logo with the Prince
of Parkness mace fist, flags, helmet, laurels etc on the front
  2.. the embroidered logo will not, repeat not, be the five color logo
described above that you have seen  printed on previous tee shirts.
Unfortunately, it is too complicated to embroider in a 3" area on clothing.
The embroidered logo will be as shown on the website (link, below).  I am
hopeful the proposed design will satisfiy most of you - if there is universal
revulsion to it, hey, I have no artistic ego that will suffer - the embroidery
could consist simply of the words without the graphic.
  3.. We need to get orders for about 100 embroidered items (not 100 of the
same shirt, but total hats, shirts, etc) to have the embroidery done
  4.. We need about ten orders for each individual item to include them as
clothing choices.
  5.. We are not taking orders now.  This is only to determine interest or
lack thereof.  If, for example, only two people respond to this and say they
will buy a baseball cap, we won't offer that as a choice when it's time to
order.
  6.. Based on your responses I'll come up with a short list and be back at
you taking orders in the near term
  7.. Tee shirts - we do not have the artwork ready for you to see yet, so I
am not asking for indications of interest at this time.  Greg created the FOT
logo, so you know the tee shirt art will be great!  We'll follow up on this
later when we can show you the great design!
  8.. We are going to do pre-orders only.   Only orders recieved by a deadline
(to be determined) in advance of Watkins Glen will be produced.  There will
not be any items (except perhaps x-large tee shirts) that will be available
for purchase if you do not pre-order.
  9.. Ted Shumacher will be orchestrating the mfg and delivery process, so
anything you order can be paid for by credit card and shipped to you or picked
up from him at the Glen.
  10.. Traditional FOT logo - for those of you that are a big fan of this, as
I am,  if there is sufficient interest, this can be produced as a sew-on
patch.  Apparently the weaving process can make a much more detailed design.
Cost $7-$10
Here's the link.  This was the best way I could come up with to show you what
items look like.  Sorry I am not proficient enough to set it up so you can
vote right on the site, but simply send me a return email with an X next to
the item indicating your interest, using the list below.  Everything will be
available in the usual range of sizes.  Keep in mind that it is often cool at
the Glen in September.

http://www.freewebs.com/sjanzen/

Baseball Cap                    ____
Long Sleeve Denim Shirt   ____