fot

[Fot] motor mounts

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] motor mounts
From: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 21:00:21 +1100
I'm trying to replace the motor mounts while I have the pan off. I have
unbolted both front mounts from the frame, as well as removed the nuts and
washers from the studs on top of the mount, but when I try to raise the engine
with the jack (and wood block) the whole front of the car wants to come up
with it. I thought the engine/trans would tip up the inch or so that would
appear enough to drop the mount out and I could do a quick change. I first
tried lifting with a cross block, both sides together. I have also shifted to
one side only. Could someone please tell me what I am missing?
Steve P.