fot

Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?

To: <JWoesvra@aol.com>, <rocky@spitfire4.com>, <Billb@bnj.com>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 19:47:21 -0700
Since I don't race in the vintage events, I don't have a dog in the hunt but
that gives me a different perspective looking in from the outside.

I have for a long time been seeing exchanges concerning the various
sanctioning bodies having different specs for the cars and because of that
it is difficult to build a car that will fit in to all the groups.

Maybe it is time that someone step up to the plate and figure out how to
unite the various groups under a single governing body.  It won't be easy
since it will ultimately mean that some if not all cars will have to change
to fit into the new rules, so a lot of negotiating will have to be done to
accomplish the task.

At the same time, it would be a good opportunity to address this new issue
of bringing in additional classes that are being squeezed out of the SCCA.

Just a thought!

Joe C.