fot

Re: [Fot] cooling down a tr3

To: <KENMUN@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] cooling down a tr3
From: "David Spiwak" <spiwakd@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:42:32 -0400
I had that problem with my TR3 years ago, but now my car rarely gets over
180 during a race. You have to trap all the air that is going around your
radiator and force it through the radiator. Use aluminum flashing and sheet
metal screws or pop rivets. It is more difficult with a large-mouth nose.
The small- mouth was easier and more effective. If your oil cooler is
blocking the flow, you will have to move it. I used to have the oil cooler
mounted on the side of the radiator. At present I don't need a cooler at
all. My radiator is stock. I removed the fan and mounted an electric one
behind the radiator for use on the grid. You don't need a fan while moving.