fot

Re: [Fot] aluminum radiators again

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] aluminum radiators again
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:25:53 -0500
In the winter of 2007 we worked with Wizard Cooling, Inc.  6149 Powers Road
Orchard Park, NY 14127  Telephone 716-662-2392  on an aluminum radiator for
our 1961 TR4 race car.  We had an original long neck, shortened for the TR4
with the hole in the center for the crank.  Even though we had it boiled out
it just didn't do the job.  I worked with Scott at Wizard Cooling
(scott@wizardcooling.com) to design the radiator.  It was based on the long
neck TR3 radiator they had previously built.  We already had the oil cooler
and all the mounting and hoses set for the stock radiator so we wanted to
keep more or less stock shape and size.

It is aluminum and fits the stock mounting.  The radiator cap is on a
"dropped" ledge so it can clear the hood.  It is a little bit thicker than
the stock one.  It has worked exceptionally well for us.  No overheating
problems at all.  We run about 180 degrees, maybe too cool!  Essentially we
got the "prototype" and they are now tooled up and have the drawings to make
others.  It may even be shown on their e-bay store by now.  I can send
photos of the installation if anyone is interested.  I recommend Wizard
Cooling and Scott.  They did a great job.

No commercial interest on my part.

Tim
1961 TR4 #317