fot

Re: [Fot] cooling down a tr3

To: MadMarx <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] cooling down a tr3
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:38:34 -0500
Chris, The validity of your reasoning depends on the air flow.  If you
have enough air flow, you will have less heating of the air as it moves
through. I agree though that it is better to have a large frontal area.

On my TR3, I tried what everyone else has suggested.  Finally, I
installed one of the commodity ($150) Chevy radiators.  It has about 1
inch clearance on each side.  I've run it in 100 degree heat with no
problems.  I agree with what Bill says.  When you have a large safety
margin you know something is wrong when you get overheating.  When
racing, you have enough to worry about, so this eliminates one worry.
Larry Young