fot

Re: [Fot] "Triotas" (or "Toyumphs")

To: <Guyots3@wmconnect.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] "Triotas" (or "Toyumphs")
From: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:31:48 +1100
Hence the interchangability of the early girling brake calipers used on toyota
coronas and Hilux pickup trucks with the 16P and later PB (Metric mounting
bolt shank bores) used on the TR250 and 6s? I think the wheel mounting centers
are the same on the early corollas and celicas. And while the  toyota trannys
are much more substantial units i understand that the ratios are nearly the
same.
Also, the early corona engines were 19XX ccs. And the early Datsun cars and
trucks used SUs, albeit with aluminum ohc crossflow heads. Yes, appropriate
and improve. It's the way of the world, really. Wouldn't it be swell if Toyota
or Nissan would reintroduce the marque? Toyota has yet to go retro, to my
knowledge.
Steve P.