fot

Re: [Fot] Mallory dual point trouble-shooting

To: chasgee@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Mallory dual point trouble-shooting
From: Bill Babcock <billbab@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 16:35:53 -0700
It shouldn't matter. All the second set of points does is extend the
dwell time, which is the time that the points are closed and the coil
has current running through it-saturating it in preparation for making
a spark. They have no effect on timing since they open before the
primary set opens and they are in parallel with the primary set.
On Jul 1, 2008, at 12:39 PM, chasgee@aol.com wrote:

> Not true.? I've run a dual point for 15 years with an MSD box.
>
> Chuck
> Spitfire Racer

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins