fot

Re: [Fot] drag co-efficient and frontal area data for selected

To: Terry Stetler <tlizzard@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] drag co-efficient and frontal area data for selected
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:58:22 -0500
The TR3 test was for a small mouth.

All of these early road tests seem to have used a 3.7 rearend.  Based on
the graphs in the articles, 3.7 OD was perfect for the Jabekke runs (max
power at max speed).  In stock trim, it looks like a 4.1 rear would have
been better.  In fact, I thought many/most of the early OD cars were
sold with a 4.1 rear. With the 3.7, 4th OD was too high and 4th was too
low.  A 4.1 in OD might have cracked 110mph. You'd think Triumph would
have capitalized on this.

Larry Young