fot

Re: [Fot] GT6 is EP or DP?

To: <igofaster@charter.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] GT6 is EP or DP?
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:33:41 -0500
Bobby,

It all depends what year SCCA rules your car was built to meet. CVAR uses
1972 rules, so unless you have documentation to support that your car was
built to another year, or possible another race organization such as FIA,
you will be classified according to the 1972 SCCA PCS. That states that you
should be classified as DP. GT6's were fast cars so they got bumped up over
the years.

In 1969, as evidenced by the 1969 SCCA PCS that you can pull up through this
link: http://www.sovren.org/competition/rules/pcs/PCS69%20Index.htm  the
SCCA classified the dual SU GT6 as EP. Since you have that set-up you should
state on your Tech Declaration Form that you are running under 1969 rules
and you will be OK as long as you meet the rest of the Specs. Your car is
has decals stating it is an EP car because it came from the SVRA which
separates GT6's into EP for SU's and DP for triple Webers.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com