fot

[Fot] "Tractoring"?

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] "Tractoring"?
From: spyderweb@uwalumni.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:21:38 -0500
Scott Barr writes:

> Andy . . . offered the opinion that my car was "tractoring".
> I've never heard the word "tractoring" used in this way before.
>  Anybody have any idea what it means in this context?

Having at one time owned and operated an actual tractor (Ford, vintage
1950's), I'd have gone with Steve's suggestion of "Plowing" or
"understeer".

A GOOGLE search, however, indicates that I've fallen behind in my
terminology. It turns out that "tractoring" is what a "tractor beam"
does -- i.e. it pulls other objects toward itself with an invisible
force.

What consequences that might have on the race track is left as an
exercise for the reader.

Jim Hill
TR6