fot

[Fot] Cold Air "Boxes" - Historical Question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Cold Air "Boxes" - Historical Question
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:06:28 EDT
I am not sure that I am using the correct technical term for this item. What
I am referring to is the modification and/or replacement so that cooler air
from outside the engine compartment is being provided through the air intake
system.

        Does anyone know the approximate date as to when this modification
would have been addressed in SCCA regulations for DP and EP classed cars? The
Group 44 TR7 does not have an cold air box, however the Huffaker TR7 (ex-Lee
Mueller) has one. Would this modification been allowed at the 1976 runoffs in
which both car competed against each other ?

    I do recall ever seeing this cold box setup on pre 1972 production
vintage racecars. Just wondering when this happened so that when the current
"vintage racers" are reclassifed into "ancient race cars", and TR7 become
vvintage
race cars, that we know when this happened. :)

Cary

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.