fot

Re: [Fot] Jack's race

To: "Bill Babcock" <Billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Jack's race
From: "Chuck Arnold" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:28:16 -0700
--===============0048217140==

------=_Part_19108_20051709.1219022896276

Thank's Bill.  That was a very nice piece.

Joe, I know the shock and loss will last a life time for you.  I am sorry
for that.  Sorry too that I never met Jack, though we comuned often on this
site.  Still have a set of his axels too install this winter.

Tony, my condolences to you and your family.  Your dad will live on in the
memories of many, many people.  The tributes on this list speak to that.

I have alws=ays told my wife that vintage racing is "safe", but should I die
doing she will know I died happy.

Love to you all.

Chuck Arnold

--
Chuck Arnold

------=_Part_19108_20051709.1219022896276

am sorry for that.&nbsp; Sorry too that I never met Jack, though we comuned
often on this site.&nbsp; Still have a set of his axels too install this
winter.<br>
the memories of many, many people.&nbsp; The tributes on this list speak to
that.<br><br>I have alws=ays told my wife that vintage racing is
&quot;safe&quot;, but should I die doing she will know I died happy.<br>
class="gmail_quote">On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Bill Babcock <span
dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:Billb@bnj.com";>Billb@bnj.com</a>&gt;</span>
wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid
rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
I know everyone is still absorbing this sad news, it&#39;s hard to look<br>
forward in times like this. This is the second good friend I&#39;ve lost<br>
to vehicle accidents this year. &nbsp;My best friend, Barney Li, died in a<br>
motorcycle accident a few months ago. I can tell you that you simply<br>
don&#39;t know what to feel when something this terrible happens. The<br>
stunned part lasts a long time, and you might wonder if you have real<br>
feelings at all. Life just seems to go on, and you look to other<br>
things, wondering if you&#39;re some kind of unfeeling monster. But the<br>
hole in your life is big, and slowly you begin to comprehend the loss.<br>
I miss my friend every day, and I&#39;ll miss Jack the same way. It took<br>
me months to cry after my father died, and weeks after Barney. We&#39;ll<br>
all cry for Jack in our own time.<br>
Looking forward helps. I suggest we call our race in Watkins Glen<br>
&quot;Uncle Jacks Race&quot;. I&#39;m sure as we gather we&#39;ll all spend a
lot of<br>
time remembering this remarkable man. I can&#39;t think of a better way to<br>
honor him than to put his name on my car and race it hard. He<br>
certainly did.<br>
It&#39;s terribly trite and no real comfort to say someone died doing<br>
something they loved, but both of my friends did. Way too soon--it<br>
would always be too soon. But it&#39;s a measure of the man that he was<br>
still doing the things he loved, surrounded by people he loved being<br>
with. If I could choose they way I&#39;ll go, that would be it.<br>
Bill<br>