fot

[Fot] Jack Drews arrangements

To: fot@autox.team.net,team-thicko@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Jack Drews arrangements
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 01:44:17 -0600
As you are probably aware, Jack Drews died Saturday, Aug. 16 while
racing his lovely Triumph TR-4 at Grattan, MI.  We believe that he
blacked out behind the wheel, causing him to drive off the end of the
front straight without braking or turning.  It appears that he
suffered a basal scull fracture in the impact with the
embankment.  He was doing what he loved, with the people he
loved.  We will all miss him, but he is in a better place now.

We have been overwhelmed by the support both at the track and upon
returning home, and are grateful for everyone's thoughts and prayers.

We will be having visitation on Wednesday, Aug. 20 from 4:00 pm to
7:00 pm at Stackhouse Moore Funeral Home, 225 E. Park Street,
Geneseo, IL 61254.  The funeral will be on Thursday, Aug. 21 at 10:30
am and will be followed by a luncheon at Concordia Lutheran Church,
316 S. Oakwood Ave, Geneseo, IL 61254.

His obituary is on-line at:
http://www.webfh.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=196598&fh_id=10589
(or go to www.stackhousemoore.com and choose the link to Jack Drews
on their main page)

For those who would like to attend from out of town, Geneseo has two
recently built hotels:
AmeriHost Inn
309-945-9345
1375 S. Oakwood Ave
Geneseo, IL 61254
Rates: 2 queen beds: 77.99 plus tax (86.57), 1 king bed: 66.99 plus tax (74.36)
Directions: Coming from the I-80 exit to Geneseo, this is near the
interstate behind the "Culvers" on the right hand side of the road.

Super 8 Motel
309-945-1898
765 W. Main St.
Geneseo, IL 61254
Rates: 2 double beds: 66.99 plus tax, 1 king bed: 62.99 plus tax
Directions: Coming from the I-80 exit to Geneseo, turn left at the
2nd light (Main street).  The hotel will be on your right near the
edge of town.

For those unable to attend that would like to honor Jack, donations
may be sent to the Jack Drews Memorial Fund, 514 N. Vail, Geneseo, IL
61254.  Or, you may make a donation in Jack's honor to the charity of
your choice.

Thanks, Tony Drews