fot

[Fot] Singing with Uncle Jack in mind

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Singing with Uncle Jack in mind
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:10:57 +0100
This forum is not and almost certainly never was brought into being with
religion in mind - but
perhaps, under the circumstances, we may err slightly towards the issue of
Sacred Music with Jack
Drews in mind?
I had no idea that Jack was also a Choral Director and this is another reason
for wishing I had
known him because we could have shared a lot outside the arena of Triumphs and
racing.
It must surely be a coincidence that on 21st August, another funeral will be
taking place in England
at which I will be present as a member of the choir.
All Saints Church in Evesham, England sits on the site of Evesham Abbey - once
the third largest
Abbey in England until its destruction in 1540, so the land on which the church
stands has had a
strong Christian tradition for more than 1000 years.
Last night, we were practising two anthems for our funeral service and you can
hear them both on
YouTube. They are well-known, simple, lilting melodies and harmonies and the
versions we'll be
singing were arranged by one John Rutter

The first is called "A Gaelic Blessing"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VYZKjG_Des&feature=related
The second is "The Lord Bless You and Keep You"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruMP-aTqJSU

Jack will be very much in the forefront of my mind on the 21st as All Saints
choir performs these
anthems

Jonmac