fot

Re: [Fot] Jack Drews

To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Jack Drews
From: Clifford Files <clifford_files@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:11:17 -0700 (PDT)
--===============1624587723==

--0-906284163-1219072277=:5856

Joe / Jan,=0A=A0=0AJoe, this very sad news reached me yesterday - my=A0cond=
olences to Francis and Tony.=0A=A0=0AI know Jack will be missed yet it seem=
ed fitting that Jack's passing happened=A0doing what he loved best.=0A=A0=
=0AIn writing back, I am also acknowledging your personal friendship with J=
ack which has been a strength to both of you over the years.=0A=A0=0AThese =
are trying times however, I am pleased that=A0the Kastner Cup will be dedic=
ated to=A0Jack - that is very fitting and through this, his memory shall be=
 long lived.=0A=A0=0AClifford=0A=0A=0A=0A----- Original Message ----=0AFrom=
: "N197TR4@cs.com" <N197TR4@cs.com>=0ATo: fot@autox.team.net=0ASent: Monday=
, August 18, 2008 9:45:21 AM=0ASubject: Jack Drews=0A=0AFOT, =0A=0AOverwhel=
ming response to Jack's death. =A0No surprise. =0A=0AFrancis & I spoke shor=
tly after the accident and she was very composed. =A0Her strength is beyond=
 my understanding. Francis is truly a saint and responsible for much of who=
 Jack was. =0A=0AJan & I are still awaiting word of the Arrrangements, expe=
cting Wednesday or Thursday. We expect to hear something today =0A=0AIn the=
 meantime, Watkins Glen will include some time to celebrate the Life & Time=
s of Jack Drews. =A0Likely this will be Saturday night in the TRIUMPH PADDO=
CK. =A0While I have not spoken to Frances, nor Tony, since Saturday, I am h=
oping that they will find the strength to follow through with their plans t=
o be at The Glen. =0A=0AThe Kastner Cup Race will dedicated to the Memory o=
f Jack Drews, the first recipient of the Cup. =0A=0AThank you for all of th=
e personal emails and calls. =0A=0AJack & I spoke of our mortality, frequen=
tly when we were on one of our 'Senior Tours'. =A0Jack was well prepared fo=
r this eventuality spiritually, and has spent much of his time preparing me=
. I hope I am worthy of his mentoring. I owe him much. =0A=0AJoe Alexander =
=0A=0A=0A
--0-906284163-1219072277=:5856

sans-serif;font-size:12pt"><P>Joe / Jan,</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Joe, this very sad news reached me yesterday - my&nbsp;condolences to
Francis and Tony.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I know Jack will be missed yet it seemed fitting that Jack's passing
happened&nbsp;doing what he loved best.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>In writing back, I am also acknowledging your personal friendship with Jack
which has been a strength to both of you over the years.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>These are trying times however, I am pleased that&nbsp;the Kastner Cup will
be dedicated to&nbsp;Jack - that is very fitting and through this, his memory
shall be long lived.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Clifford</P>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, sans-serif"><BR>
<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times,
serif">----- Original Message ----<BR>From: "N197TR4@cs.com"
&lt;N197TR4@cs.com&gt;<BR>To: fot@autox.team.net<BR>Sent: Monday, August 18,
2008 9:45:21 AM<BR>Subject: Jack Drews<BR><BR><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT
size=2>FOT, <BR><BR>Overwhelming response to Jack's death. &nbsp;No surprise.
<BR><BR>Francis &amp; I spoke shortly after the accident and she was very
composed. &nbsp;Her strength is beyond my understanding. Francis is truly a
saint and responsible for much of who Jack was. <BR><BR>Jan &amp; I are still
awaiting word of the Arrrangements, expecting Wednesday or Thursday. We expect
to hear something today <BR><BR>In the meantime, Watkins Glen will include some
time to celebrate the Life &amp; Times of Jack Drews. &nbsp;Likely this will be
Saturday night in the TRIUMPH PADDOCK. &nbsp;While I have not spoken to
Frances, nor Tony, since Saturday, I am hoping that they
 will find the strength to follow through with their plans to be at The Glen.
<BR><BR>The Kastner Cup Race will dedicated to the Memory of Jack Drews, the
first recipient of the Cup. <BR><BR>Thank you for all of the personal emails
and calls. <BR><BR>Jack &amp; I spoke of our mortality, frequently when we were
on one of our 'Senior Tours'. &nbsp;Jack was well prepared for this eventuality
spiritually, and has spent much of his time preparing me. I hope I am worthy of
his mentoring. I owe him much. <BR><BR>Joe Alexander
</FONT></FONT></DIV></DIV></div><br>