fot

Re: [Fot] gasoline comparison

To: "'Kas Kastner'" <kaskas@cox.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] gasoline comparison
From: "Clark W. Nicholls" <cwn74@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 19:18:45 -0400
We've had 10% ethanol in all our gasoline here in Massachusetts for years
now, before that MTBE (so the ground water could be poisoned by government
mandate).

Years ago I drove my Camaro to Vermont (for the Miller auction of a hoard of
Stutz cars) using most of a full tank of gasoline.
I'd fill up there and drive home using less of a tank.
Vermont at the time was 100% gasoline.

I did this 2 days in a row and noticed the same thing, although less
difference since I had some VT gasoline still in the tank.

I'd hazard a guess there is truth to what you experienced (I recently had a
friend from Connecticut tell me some VT stations still have pure gasoline
and he is experiencing this in his Honda Fit when he visits his son in
Vermont).

Clark
Clark W. Nicholls
'72 Stag '74 Spitfire