fot

Re: [Fot] gasoline comparison

To: "'Kas Kastner'" <kaskas@cox.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] gasoline comparison
From: "Clark W. Nicholls" <cwn74@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 22:24:54 -0400
Here in Massachusetts it is the law that gasoline must have 10% ethanol as
an "oxygenator" or some such word.

Helps the emissions (as the MTBE was supposed to do also!). Not just Shell
(which I use), all gasoline sold in Massachusetts. I think it is similar in
California as our new cars are California spec.

I'm not sure if it is statewide in NY or other states, but on the trip to
Michigan for the VTR event I believe I always filled up with 10% ethanol. (I
think 10% is the limit the fuel system on non-flex-fuel vehicles are
supposed to use).

http://www.epa.gov/MTBE/

Clark
Clark W. Nicholls