fot

Re: [Fot] Beaten by equipment

To: lunkercars@earthlink.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Beaten by equipment
From: JHOUATHOME@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 21:20:44 EDT
--===============0463586818==

-------------------------------1221528044

Greg,
My TR4 used to have a similar mystery vibration, which in the end, after
much frustrating searching over many events, turned out to be an out of balance

rear brake drum.  Stupid, I know.  I had also been through  several attempts
to balance wheels, replace wheels, and balance everything else,  and simply
never thought of those old iron drums.  I swapped them out and  never had the
problem again.  The strangest thing about it was that the  problem seemed to be
intermittent, and would crop-up with no pattern that I  could figure out.  In
the end, that was it though.  Upon more careful  consideration I realized that
it was only happening at Road America, the Glen,  and BIR, all pretty fast
places.  I was delighted to figure it out.   Hope this is your problem, and not
something more expensive!

Good Luck,
John Houlton

In a message dated 9/15/2008 7:57:35 P.M. Central Daylight Time,