fot

Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen Poster VTR & FoT

To: Herald948@aol.com, britbits@netzero.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen Poster VTR & FoT
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:35:49 -0700 (PDT)
Jim,

Are you sure it was the VTR and not the TRA? VTR opened
their doors to all Triumphs (and Standards) in 1982. I
joined in 1986, and also belong to the Detroit Club and
SCCA. When I first returned to the States with my Spit
in 1977, I inquired about the VTR, but at that time it
was only for cars over 10 years old. Joined Detroit
Triumphs and have been a member ever since.

TRA has always been for side curtain cars and only relatively
recently condescended to allowing TR4s. I don't think that
even now they recognize anything newer. ;)

Doug