fot

Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen Poster VTR & FoT

To: <dmitchel@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen Poster VTR & FoT
From: "Jim" <britbits@netzero.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:28:40 -0500
Doug,

It was VTR.  When I talked to the officer about joining they were more than
happy to take my membership dues... when I asked about what VTR did all I
heard about was the National Convention and Concourses/shows.  Maybe I had
selective hearing, but I wanted to hear about driving events (rallies, etc).

So I joined just a local chapter (affiliated with VTR of course) and derive
enough benefits from that membership.

I'm also a member of NASS and there was an attempt to get NASS affiliated
with VTR.   VTR never gave a compelling reason for the association... just
seemed to be kind of a "hey, I'm a Triumph club and *you're* a Triumph club,
lets get together".  The attempt failed as VTR never agreed to pay NASS for
the privelage of being allowed to be assocatied with NASS.  Or something
like that. ;)

I look forward to details on what exactly a "Special Chapter" or "Affiliate"
of VTR entails.

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas