fot

Re: [Fot] accusump

To: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] accusump
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:50:51 -0700
They're kind of unwieldy and the two quart is plenty. They used to
offer a 1 Qt, and I'd kind of like one of those. I also like plumbing
them directly to the oil gallery where they'll do the most good.  A
lot fewer hoses and stuff to go wrong.

It's a good idea to get you oil temp above 220 to drive out the water
and other contaminants. If you don't need the oil cooler why have it?

On Oct 19, 2008, at 11:36 AM, Bobby Whitehead wrote:

> Any reason NOT to use the 3 quart sump?
>
> Unless there was an issue with size, I would GUESS bigger is
> better....
>
> I usually have to block my oil cooler if the track temp is below 70
> degrees. I'm usually running around 175- 185  degree oil and water
> temp....
>

> Bobby Whitehead
> 1970 GT6+ CVAR     ----->  3 quart accusump

Bill Babcock