fot

Re: [Fot] State of F1

To: "'Bill Babcock'" <Billb@bnj.com>, "'Tony Drews'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] State of F1
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:15:37 -0700
My first job at TI was maintaining equipment that was used to test
integrated circuits.  The heart of the system was a TI Mini computer.  The
cold boot process consisted of inputting several 16 bit "words" into the
computer using micro switches on the front panel.  This process told the
system how to interface with the card reader.  After that was performed, the
"Executive Command Routine" was loaded via the card reader.  That then
allowed the user to load he program being used to test the particular
product.  The process took about a half hour on a good day so we never
turned them off or we lost productivity.  One day one of the operators
decided that she was going to save energy while she went to lunch and turned
it off.  :(

Her supervisor bounced off every wall in the building.  Needless to say, she
never did that again.

Joe