fot

Re: [Fot] ... + racing Triumph-related question

To: brad.kahler@141.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] ... + racing Triumph-related question
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:59:28 EDT
After Saturday nights storm our paddock area was a bit of a quagmire.   We
simply never thought about it until we got into the cars for Sunday mornings
practice.  As I recall).  For the race we had it handled with  absorbent
towels
in each car.  Live and learn...

Steve,

I  didn't realize Chuck (or any of you for that matter) had that kind of
problem at Hallett.  I wouldn't think diamond plate would solve the
problem as its still a smooth surface.  As several people have  suggested
the pedal itself seems to be the real issue.  Right now it  looks like
either a spray on substance or some sort of stick on surface  cover is
going to be the answer.

Thanks!

Brad

Gt6steve@aol.com wrote:
> Hi Brad  and Susan!
>
> That exact issue caught us desert racers out  at Hallett.  I recall
> Chuck Gee having a rather spectacular off  after his foot slipped off
> of the brake.  That's not something  we ever think of.
>
> I've since put diamond plate alloy in  my footwell but it doesn't seem
> to help much.  The bedliner's an  interesting idea but would we be able
> to clean it?  I've been  thinking of some kind of low rail around my
> heel  area...
>
> Steve in sunny Las Vegas
>
>  In a message dated 10/25/2008 12:29:01 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
>  brad.kahler@141.com writes:
>
>      Amici,
>
>     To add to Susan's comment there is  also a fair amount of smeared
>     oil in
>   that area due to her crew chief not being very good at cleaning  up
>     after
>      himself.
>
>     So whatever solution that is  offered will need to deal with oily
>     surfaces both  before and after application.
>
>      Brad
>     (Susan's crew  chief)
no registration required and great graphics b check it out!