fot

Re: [Fot] Was Weber carbs now SU Questions

To: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Was Weber carbs now SU Questions
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 16:05:28 -0600
The reliable combination that Uncle Jack and I arrived at after much
experimentation was a Holley Blue pump with an appropriate Holley
regulator.  You can get a kit with the pump and regulator.  There are
two pressure ranges for the regulator - you want the one that allows
you to set it to 2-3 psi.  The problem that most regulators have is
that there's not enough pressure differential between the input and
the output to reliable actuate the internal mechanism.  The Holley
Blue puts out about 15 psi, so the regulator has something to work
with.  Several folks have solved high rpm fuel problems by switching
to this arrangement.  One switched from the Holley Red to the Holley
Blue and his high speed issues went away.

We were able to get away with 5 psi on 1 3/4" SU's, but not with
Grose jets.  My Webers leak fuel at anything over about 2.5 psi.

This isn't in response to a problem you're currently having, but it's
good to keep in mind if you're going to replace components.

- Tony Drews