fot

Re: [Fot] Macau Spitfire

To: BillDentin@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Macau Spitfire
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:25:38 EST
Bill and others:

The original Macau Spitfire now resides back in England @ Canley Classics,
along with its sibling ADU 4B, one of the LeMans Spitfire fastbacks. More
information at

_http://www.canleyclassics.com/triumphmuseum.asp_
(http://www.canleyclassics.com/triumphmuseum.asp)

Oh, there's also information there on a couple of Atlas vans they  own!

And there are at least two Triumph-badged Atlas Major vans still in North
America. One is a camper, in British Columbia, and the other is a van currently

residing in Indiana, having come out of Canada. Once I get my Database web
site  back up to speed, I'll again have pictures of both of these, as well as
publicity shots of two other Triumph-badged Atlases used by the Detroit Triumph
 distributors in the early 1960s.

Yes, the 948cc powered Atlas vans lacked more than a little in terms of
highway practicality, yet one of them actually survived the trans-Africa
proving
run of prototype Triumph Heralds in 1958!

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)

Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)