fot

Re: [Fot] Metal Question

To: "Justin Wagner" <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Metal Question
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 01:42:47 -0600
Yep!  :-)

My Spitfire (race-prepped) is 45 years old now. I'm mindful there are things
on it never intended to survive a half-century. Whatever's on it that could
be age-stressed by now has been. Best example, the loops at the front and
rear of the frame that originally were basically meant to be used ONCE to
tie the car down to a ship's deck for transport to the colonies (I wonder if
Spits in the motherland had them?). I've used them over and over again to
tie mine to the trailer, and I've broken them too and had them all
seam-welded for added strength.

Almost none of my wiring uses those original clips. As often as not because
I found a better way.

--Rocky Entriken