fot

Re: [Fot] weber fuel pump query

To: "'Terry and Cindy'" <roadandtrack@bigpond.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] weber fuel pump query
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 22:17:01 -0600
Terry,

I agree with you on the Carter pump but I still use a Holley regulator to
drop the pressure. I also found that it helps to have two feeds between the
three carbs on a common line to give each carb equal pressure.

Mike Munson
http://www.triumphowners.com/registry.cgi?sectionID=111014&vehicleID=135

My research indicates that for triple webers, I should use a Carter pump. It
seems there are 2 models FMP60430 & FMP4070 , both having 4-6PSI delivery
but with differing flow rates. It appears an external regulator is not
needed with either of these.  Does anyone have a counter view based on
experiences.
Thanks
Terry O'Beirne