fot

Re: [Fot] Hans now Transponders

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hans now Transponders
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:11:01 -0600
I was old enough to work the SCCA timing stand in the 70's.  Worked
my way up to 3 or 4 cars simultaneously, analog watches with the
split hand, really wished hard for a calculator that would do "time
math" (lessee, that's carry the 6?).  Hard work (especially lap 1
when they are all bunched), hard to not make mistakes, lots of
workers needed.  Totally eliminated by transponders and a computer
with the right software.

There are now races where I may have no pit crew so I'd have to time
the car WHILE DRIVING if we went back to the honor system.

I agree - Lets just race!  :)

- Tony D