fot

[Fot] new rules help

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] new rules help
From: tom strange <tstrange@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 08:42:57 -0800 (PST)
Okay,
  Lets assume that big brother is once again going to interfere in our lives
and there is nothing we can do about it....  off soap box now....
  At one point in these notes I saw something about a collar that could be
worn with a high or low back seat...
  I know nothing about these things other than that I have been trying
(financially) to get back on track for two years now, and its another thousand
or so out of my pocket.
  If somehow I come up with the money, what do I need to know about these
things...  my seat is a high plastic seat, do I need to replace the seat
also?  I need (now) to replace belts every two years (the last two years
havent even seen a race on mine) ... will the hans device turn into the same
thing?
  Someone said the mounts can be put on an existing helmet... by whom?, at
what cost and time frame?
  Also it was said get sliding tethers (sounded like a good idea) ... any
other input?
  What do the tethers hook to and how?  roll bar? seat? seat belts?   ???
modifications to the car?
  I'm totally in the dark here.  I've found myself having less fun at the
track than I used to, as it is ... IF and its a big IF I try to get back this
year, how do I do this without additional heartache?

  Also, I've heard that there is a good lumbar support unit being made for
race seats... anyone know anything about it ... recent back problems will
probably warrent this so I can sit in the car comfortably...

  Any help appreciated..

Tom

http://www.fot-racing.com/spit/caption/tom_strange.htm

#4 white spitfire