fot

Re: [Fot] TR4/6 IRS Spring Rate

To: <tr6racer21@earthlink.net>, "'Dennis DeLap'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4/6 IRS Spring Rate
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:14:07 -0600
Another factor to consider is the stiffness of the chassis. Fletcher's car
(Hellen) had an extremely stiff chassis with chromoly tubing. It was very
responsive to spring rate changes. When he won the EP Championship we had
1000# front and 1100# in the back because the car had a 48%FR to 52%RR
weight balance. It was frustrating keeping up with the changes that Fletcher
made because he and I both were bad about not keeping notes.

BTW Chip I always spell it "Hellen" because she has been to hell and back.
:-)

Mike