fot

Re: [Fot] Why do you race what you race?

To: "Andre Rousseau" <andre@gt6.ca>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Why do you race what you race?
From: "WILLIAM TOBIN" <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:29:58 -0500
  Hi Andre, cold and snowy here, too. Was warm Friday and I fired up the TR6
and gave it a good warmup. I'm in the process of replacing the fuel cell.

  I bought the 6, not because I was a diehard Triumph fan, but more because
I had wanted to get into Vintage for a decade or more  and happened into the
6. A friend had it, rebuilt it in '93, raced it a couple times and parked it
in his basement. (He has a '67 Mustang there now!) It was love at first
bite, as soon as I sat in it.
  He said it wouldn't take much to make it race-ready. Never believe that
crap! After sitting for a decade, it needed about everything refreshed. In a
previous life, I was a mechanic, so tools and experience were there.
Particulars about Triumphs were not. That's what's so nice about FOT;
they're a great bunch of folks with a vast pool of knowledge and info and
are willing to share.
  I can safely say that I have learned a lot about Triumphs, from reading
and listening; always looking for insight.
  It was certainly nice falling into this bunch of folks (not sure what
adjective to use). I've developed a soft spot for the Triumph brand.
  Thanks for all the help guys.
  Andre, as a friend said to me, this ain't no dress rehersal. Get the
bloddy car and join in!
  Bill