fot

Re: [Fot] SVRA allows 5 speed transmission conversion!

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SVRA allows 5 speed transmission conversion!
From: <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 23:07:36 -0700
>Oh my, how can I stay out of this?  After one glass of wine, I can't.  I
remember this VMC meeting where there was a bunch of really awesome in car
video of a bunch of coke bottle vettes going up in smoke at Road America.  I
was happy no one was seriously injured in the fray, but disappointed a few
"vintage Pintos" were not consumed.  There was a lot of talk at the meeting
about trying to get the overprepped/over updated cars out of the run
group/event.  I think this caused the VSCDA to tighten their rules enforcement
up for the upcoming season, but the race was pulled away from them and given
to the SVRA, the guys who are now allowing more updates, I guess as long as
you're wearing your HANS device.  Call me crazy, I find this amusing or maybe
disturbing is a better word.  In the old days, part of the deal was driving
around the limitations of the cars.  I would think if ya got all the money to
get 130 HP out of your engine, you can afford to fix your old transmission.
So........put that in yer pipe and smoke it.

Cheers,  Henry Morrison