fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 suspension question

To: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>, "Fot@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 suspension question
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 09:46:02 -0700 (PDT)
Group: Just for the record, the TR6 suspension will bolt directly onto the
TR3. You can lower the car by inverting the lower A arms, or cutting the
aluminum spacer if you are using it (as Larry did similarly). This gives you
much needed camber by using the TR6 trunnions and the TR6 upper A arms give
you positive caster that you can adjust if you use XJ6 upper ball joints. They
are narrower than the "6" uppers and adjust the caster using small shims ahead
of or behind the ball joint. This is how I built Randy Williams car, and just
did the mod on a street TR3 this past weekend. I should of snapped some
photos. Perhaps my son did.
Thanks - Ed -