fot

Re: [Fot] timing issues

To: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] timing issues
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 15:18:03 -0700
I agree, I always use centerlines. If for no other reason than it's
easier.  I always degree the cam anyway to see what I've got. I go the
extra mile and do it for each cylinder so I can detect any grinding
errors. I once sent a cam back for a substantial error on the #4
cylinder.

Doesn't take that long, especially if I have the wife reading the dial
indicator as I advance the motor.  I also always use an adjustable
sprocket so I can tweak the advance. Of course having done that I
haven't stuck a motor on the dyno in years, so it's a waste of money.