fot

[Fot] Fw: spindle shim conclusion

To: "friends of triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Fw: spindle shim conclusion
From: "Mark Pendergrass" <mpendy@dishmail.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:42:43 -0700
FoT'rs....Hello. I found the problem in regards to my shim clearance problem.
The inner bearing measurements differ (thickness) from bearing to bearing,
same make,same part number. They differ as much as .012 thou. Since the
spindle spacer butts-up to the to the bearing shoulder you can see that your
going to have shim issues. Dug out a few more bearings off the shelf and they
also had varying thicknesses. So keep this in mind if you are useing the
spindle kit. By the way, after two full race weekends i never had anymore
issues with pad knock-back. Thanks to all who responded to my question. Mark
Pendergrass TR4 #65