fot

Re: [Fot] Fw: spindle shim conclusion

To: "Bill Babcock" <billb@bnj.com>, "Mark Pendergrass" <mpendy@dishmail.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fw: spindle shim conclusion
From: "WILLIAM TOBIN" <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 22:15:21 -0400
  Hi all, when using the uprated spindles and assembling the whole thing, be
sure to put the spacer into the rear of the hub cavity first, then the rear
bearing, then the grease seal. Guess how I learned this?
  I talked to some guy at Grattan a couple years ago about those hubs and
mentioned that I goofed the first time I put them together; I thought the
spacer would slide in from the front. Oops!
  Turns out the guy was Uncle Jack! I think he changed the instructions.
  They are a great setup.
  Bill ----- Original Message -----