fot

Re: [Fot] mechanical mystery

To: <KENMUN@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] mechanical mystery
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:45:34 -0500
We cracked both #3 and #4 liners when we overheated due to the threaded end
of the water pump snapping off and ultimately throwing the belt off.  When
we took the head off there was water in the cylinders.  I'm thinking we may
have cracked the liners due to "hydraulic" pressure from trying to compress
the water that got into the cylinders.  Had similar cracks, vertical, down a
couple of inches.  As I recall, also scuffed at least #4 piston and maybe
#3.

Tim
1961 TR4 #317