fot

Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen

To: WILLIAM TOBIN <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen
From: Andre Rousseau <andre@gt6.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:52:02 -0400
Hi Bill yes I was thinking about the run all weekend.

I wish I could have done the Glen this year, but I'm being a good
husband and sucking up to my wife for next year's vintage racing
launch.
(Got some wrenching time in on the car too.)

Some good memories from last year. I'll credit that run I had in the
re-enactment for spurring on my desire to race.

Maybe next year I'll return as a spectator or if the money tree blooms a
racer.

A.

2009/9/14 WILLIAM TOBIN <william.tobin3@verizon.net>:
> Hi all, I did the Vintage GP at the Glen over the weekend.
> Most of the Triumph folks must have been returning from out west as there
was
> a shortage of TRs.
> Dick Stockton was there with his very nice black rocket. Tim Suddard also
had
> his car there but I don't know if he ran it; too much going on to see
> everything.
> I did the re-enactment Friday evening. The event itself had some shakey
> weather, but wasn't bad. The trip back to the track was miserable;
moonsoonal
> rains, cold, dark and ugly. Couldn't see a thing. We had a blast!  Andre
> wasn't there so I had another felow fill in!
> Saturday was ok and Sunday was nice. Quite a crowd of spectators and some
nice
> street Triumphs and other intereresting cars. There was an auction with
some
> nice machinery but I didn't attend and don't know how many sold and at what
> prices. My favorite was a '68 Charger RT, red, gorgeous. OK, it's not
British,

--
Andre Rousseau - andre@gt6.ca
'68 Triumph GT6 MK1 - http://www.gt6.ca/