fot

Re: [Fot] TWS Weekend

To: rblake36@yahoo.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TWS Weekend
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 02:03:48 EDT
Good one Bob.  Speaking for the Missouri crowd we sure enjoyed our  time
together and you are absolutely correct in your statements about Bob  Kramer.
He is always a gentleman and if he doesn't have it he probably  knows where
to get it.  Your experience at drivers school was not too much  unlike my
own.  I did the school in February and while that makes for a  little more
comfort while wearing all the racing duds it also means the oil is  heavy to
pump in a cold race engine.  We started out Friday with a little  leak which
we couldn't identify initially.  It continue to grow but not at  an alarming
pace.  That is until Saturday morning when it was really  cold.  We started
the car and oil literally poured out of it on the  floor.  I had a busted
oil cooler AND I had  a mandatory drivers meeting.  You know all about those
by now!   Anyway, while I was  fretting and worrying Bob and Walt sent me
off to my meeting and by the time I  got out they had found a new cooler and
had it installed.  I never missed a  lap!!  That is what a good part of
Vintage Racing is all about for  me.  I love to race the cars and enjoy learn
how
to do it better but I  really love meeting new friends and the camaraderie
that comes with Vintage  Racing and especially in the FoT crowd.  I hope to
make it back down to TWS  in November and already have Hallett on the agenda
for October.

Just keep the shiny side up and welcome to the family!

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, MO

Ps...Think with your dip stick Jimmy!!!!  Ha  ha