fot

[Fot] Message from Bill Rinke re: Heartland Park status report

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Message from Bill Rinke re: Heartland Park status report
From: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 22:29:18 -0500
From: Bill Rinke
To: Bob Kramer ; bswope959@msn.com ; GSFuqua1@aol.com ; fot@autox.team.net ;
timmurph@fastbytes.com ; n197tr4@cs.com
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2010 8:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Fot] Woodman Tire at Heartland Park

Bob, we appreciate your kind words.  Yes, this has been a long hard job and we
are now trying to develop a few alternatives that will hopefully prevent us
from going in the hole.  Disappointed?  Very.  We spoke with many drivers in
RMVR, CVAR, VSCDA, SVRA and other VMC organizations prior to initiating this
event and they all said they would support us.  VSCDA Formula Vee drivers said
they would bring 30 Vees to our event.  We attended VMC meetings and those
present said they would support us.  Well, so much for promises.

My emails to FoT don't go through as I am not a member so hope you will
forward this to them.

We really do thank the FoT for the strong support and their turn out at this
event will be remembered for a long time as one of the best Kastner Cup Races
they have driven in.  The bands and the fly over are still on.  The
Cheerleaders car wash is still on.  The pro music group from Houston will be
there and having fun for 4 days will be real easy to do.  Heck, the
temperature throughout the Midwest has been well into the 90's for the past
few weeks so we should all be used to it by now.

Check out our website at www.heartlandvintageracing.com and click on the
Racing button.  There you will now find the current Entry list which does not
include 8 entries that we received today.  Two of those entries were for the
Exhibition Group and none of those were for Triumphs.

I will be speaking with Evan at Bob Woodman Tire Co. on Monday.  During my
last conversation with him he advised he "only" had 8 sets of tires on order
which made it difficult for him to justify bringing a tire truck from Beufort,
SC to Topeka, KS.  I will establish a different tire supplier for our event.
In the meantime, Hoosier tires or other brands may be shipped to Charlie Clark
(shown on the Tire Supplier list under the Racing button) and he can mount
those tires at the track.  Charlie is the Goodyear Tire person and can not
sell brands other than Goodyear but he can service all brands.  Charlie will
have the Goodyear Tire Building open during our event.

Thanks so much for your support.  Yes, this will be a Great Vintage Racing
Extravaganza.

Bill
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com