fot

Re: [Fot] Toyota calipers for TR's

To: "Enquiries Road & Track" <enquiries@roadandtrack.net.au>, Peter
Subject: Re: [Fot] Toyota calipers for TR's
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:02:04 -0500
The article indicates that the wider calipers they specify appear to
be identical to the narrower calipers except for the added width.  I
assume that means that the piston diameters are very similar, but it
doesn't specifically state that.  We used the narrower calipers with
a TR-6 master cylinder for a while, I'm pretty sure.  They sure look
that way in the pictures - the lumps in the casting look identical to
the narrower calipers bolted to my car, one being larger in diameter
than the other.

 From the article:

The Toyota calipers are 4-piston units from a 1988- April 1989 Toyota
4-Runner, 4WD, 4Cyl. They look the same as the non-vented Toyota
calipers; they're just wider to fit the vented rotors.

Calipers - Fenco C8554, C8555, Cardone 19-827, 19-826 (includes fitting kit).

Advance Auto parts 4/2006 price: $37.48 each w/ a $25 core (4/06)

- Tony