fot

[Fot] Type A overdrive not disengating on street TR5

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Type A overdrive not disengating on street TR5
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 18:52:22 -0500
Now that I've finally got my fuel injection problems solved, I've been
driving the TR5.  I've noticed that the OD does not disengage right away at
times.  I changed the transmission oil to 30W ND from the 80-90 gear lube
that I think was in there, at least it smelled and looked like 80/90.  Still
have the problem.  At times it will disengage right away and at other times
it might be as much as 10 to 15 seconds before it disengages.  I'm familiar
with the problem of not engaging, usually the solenoid valve and if not that
low pressure.  But I've never had the slow disengagement problem nor have I
seen anything on it.  I suspect that the ball valve is not seating all the
time and I have some residual pressure causing the problem.  That or the
spring on top of the ball valve is either broken or weak.

Any insights and suggestions would be appreciated.  I haven't taken the
tunnel cover off yet but from underneath it appears that the operating lever
is completely free when the solenoid is released.

Thanks,

Tim
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com