fot

Re: [Fot] Accusump

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Accusump
From: "Greg \"Lunker\" Hilyer" <Lunkercars@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 15:50:07 -0600
>  Pre-lubing is a nicety, but these engines normally
> last many thousands of starts with no pre-lube, so it doesn't seem
> like a
> requirement to me.  Does anyone really believe that it extends the
> life of
> their race motor?
>
> -- Randall

I tend to agree and that's why having it under the hood in the
[former] battery box works for me. I turn it on, leave it on, and
it's one less thing to forget. Also minimizes the length of expensive
line. I've got a hunch that most cockpit or trunk mounts will cost
more in braided S/S line than the Accu-Sump itself.
I do leave it loaded with the valve closed when it's going to be
parked for awhile... and Maybe I'll remember to open it before the
next cold start.

Greg "Lunker" Hilyer
TR4 #314
Albuquerque NM