fot

Re: [Fot] when I grow up I want to be just like...

To: "Bobby Whitehead" <igofaster@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] when I grow up I want to be just like...
From: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:21:22 -0600
Don't let my purist attitude toward SU's put you off. I believe there is room
in most vintage organizations for all the various approaches and the run
groups should be set up to deal with the realities of the way guys want to run
their cars. I wish CVAR would set up another tier of rules at 1981 because
that would allow the guys that we run with that want to, or have already taken
it to a higher, more modern level a chance to do it legally and give the rest
of us a better excuse for being slow! Our grids are mostly made up of cars
built for vintage racing, not historic cars. Those cars go to the bigger
festival events. It was cool to see that Cobra Daytona Coupe racing around
Watkins Glen a few years ago and even cooler to be racing with some historic
iron, but it is no longer the vintage racing norm for most of us. Consider
that a plug to plan to go to Laguna Seca and see some rare cars.

Bob Kramer
Volente, TX

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.
Vince Lombardi