fot

Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca Kastner Cup

To: gasket.works@verizon.net, klynch_6@msn.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca Kastner Cup
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:37:51 EST
In a message dated 11/15/2010 9:38:05 AM Central Standard Time,
gasket.works@verizon.net writes:

> There have been some comments that some cars need some cleaning up.  MINE
>
> INCLUDED!~!~!~ can you imagine?   Paul Smock  has been designated as our
> Laguna Seca "Kas Cup" arbitrator with
> HMSA regarding these issues.

Amici...

I think this is a good thing.  PRESENTATION is important in vintage racing,
 Vintage race cars ought to look good.  Effort and funding ought to be
expended towards that end.  I can remember back in the late 1970s and early
1980s when vintage racing was first taking off the 'caveat' from the
sanctioning
bodies was, "We don't want a bunch of rusty TR3s!"  That used to hurt my
feelings, even though my car was prepared and presented properly and certainly
not rusty.  But TRIUMPH often has this 'bottom of the sports car barrel'
reputation.  We're too common by some standards.  TRIUMPH has earned its place
in sports car racing, and it is far from the bottom of the barrel.  Vintage
TRIUMPH racers help polish our reputation by racing cars that look as good
as they run.

Since TRIUMPH will be a featured marque at these events, I'll be surprised
if the sanctioning bodies don't look the other way at preparation levels
which might be over and above their own regulations (providing the car is
accepted in another venue).  But I give them credit if they seek 'good looking'
race cars.  I think that is in everyone's best interests.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html